Friday, March 8, 2013

Former Knicks Renaldo Balkman choke a teammate



Former NBA player Renaldo Balkman who used to play for the New York Knicks and Denver Nuggets has apologized for choking a teammate during a game with his new team in the Philippine Basketball Association.

Balkman, 28 at 6'8" playing for the Petron Blaze Boosters, argued with a referee  and shoved the referee's arm then pushed away an assistant coach and a couple of other teammates. When Arwind Santos intervened they exchanged shoves before Balkman wrapped his hands around Santos' neck and choked him.

After the game Balkman sent out a series of apologies on Twitter:

"I wld like to apologize to the fans, Petron Blaze, my teammates, the PBA and especially @tubidronald71 and @Arwind029," he tweeted, adding, "I got caught up in the moment of a very intense game. I respect @Arwind029 as a person & player. I am proud to be part of @PetronBlaze fam."

No comments:

Post a Comment